Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DIY Pedestal




So this week is a fun DIY project that has so many possibilities, and of course it is easy on the wallet too:) 
It has VERY few steps, and I use it everywhere in my home and love it.


Materials:


  • Gorilla Glue or screws
  • paints in color you choose
  • paintbrushes





  • Candlestick base ( wood or glass)
  • Wooden or metal plate topper
  • sandpaper


Step 1: Gorilla glue candlestick bottom to the plate. Which is what I had to do on one of mine,  because there was an indent in the candlestick, but if it is flat, then a screw would work great.


Step 2: Paint a base coat of paint to entire thing. I chose charcoal grey ( hard to tell in picture... but it is), and my coat of paint was not very even. 


Step 3: Paint second coat of paint covering everything. I chose white



Step 4: sand and distress to show the base coat color through the final coat color, focusing on edges and places with texture.




step 5:  fill with goodies:) and display!!!





Here is another one I made, and it is in my bathroom now.








5 easy steps!!! Enjoy!!!





























See ya thursday!!!






No comments: